Sultan Sheikh Nazim Al-Haqqani (KS and may Allah Almighty raise his maqam) used to pray 4 rakaat of protection between Zuhur and Asr prayers (each rakaat: 1 x Al-Fatiha, 3 x Al-Ikhlas, 1 x Al-Falaq and 1 x An-Nas).
Daily instructions advised for the month of Safar are:
• Affirm 3 x Shahada (Ash’hadu an La ilaha il’Allah,wa sh’hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa Rasuluhu)
• Ask 300 x Astaghfirullah (at least 70)
• Daily Sadaka (charity): big or small, it is important to keep it every day. Every little charity closes 70 doors of troubles. If you cannot find anyone to give, you can keep a box in the house by the entrance and when you go out you may put a little coin in it, and then when it is full you give it to the needy ones.
• Daily Sajda (prostration): i.e. 2 raka’at, to be protected by the angels.
• 7 x Ayatul Kursi (2: 255)
• 7 x Surah al-Fiil (Surah of the Elephant)
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Rahiim
Alam tara kayfa fa’ala rabbuka bi as-haabi l fiil
Alam yaj’al kaydahum fi tadliil
Wa arsala ‘alayhim tayran abaabiil
Tar mihim bi hijaaratin min sijjil
Faja ‘alahum ka’asfin ma’kul
Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the Companions of the Elephant?
Did He not make their treacherous plan go astray?
And He sent against them Flights of Birds,
Striking them with stones of baked clay.
Then did He make them like an empty field of stalks and straw, (of which the corn) has been eaten up.